Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Christmas Letter Time!!!!

It's that time of year again, when included in our Christmas card, come the letters and pictures of picture perfect families. Heralding the great achievements their perfect children have accomplished. All in an one year time frame. My son is not quite the "Christmas Letter" material. Yet, we love him just the same. Why just yesterday, one day after learning about the after school detention he must serve on Thursday, he tells me he has to serve an "in-house" suspension. This is what happened. Even though they have a no bullying policy, no violence policy, surprise, surprise, it still happens. My son has been taunted by names, pushed, shoved, slapped, and even kicked in the balls. Well, he finally snapped. This big kid, who has repeated at least one grade so far, was calling my son's friend names. When he told him to shut up, he was called an asshole and received a hardy punch between the shoulder blades. Ahh, lunch time fun. My son didn't retaliate in front of teachers. He waited outside in the hall for this fellow, who is a known big bully. Punch, punch, and a final punch to the jaw. The final punch to be seen by the dean. BUSTED. As my son was led away by the authorities, he heard comforting responses from the crowd. Yeah, puffer (another story),about time. And my personal favorite response by the "black" kids. Boy! You popped that cracker good!

6 comments:

Ubermilf said...

He popped that cracker good!

Well, at least he got some satisfaction out of it.

When he's an adult, he'll receive constant punishment and he won't even get to "pop the cracker!"

Mr. King said...

Spectacular! I love a good "Comeuppance" story!. I am green with envy. Oh man I know some crackers that could use a good pop... and frankly I could do with a short suspension around the holidays. As the uncomfortable footnote in many a Christmas letter myself, I say Kudos to Puffer. If I had a job I'd buy him a Cadillac.

Fella said...

I was always to much of a coward to stand up to the people who bullied me. I think your son showed a lot of courage doing what he did. If that's not Christmas letter material, I don't know what is.

Although, it's probably important to tell him that whenever possible he should solve problems with words.

Carl Spackler said...

i admire your son for standing up to that prick. i'm even more impressed with his strategy of not doing it in front of teachers. hopefully that will send a message to that bastard. i hope the Principal discusses this with the bully's parents. i know it sounds funny but kids can really be mean to each other. it seems the ones that always get bullied end up snapping later on in life.

hey, atleast you are not britney spears mother...i just read that her 16 year old daughter is now pregnant.

happy holidays!

AlGato said...

You can't reason with thugs, but you can let them know that you will fight back and that will probably send them on to another victim.

dizzy von damn! said...

i know a cracker who could use a good poppin'.

christmas letters are artifice- people who feel the need to write such dreck only do so because they don't get the attention they need as a true family.